Health Economist/Senior Health Economist, Neuroscience
Location: South San Francisco
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Health Economist/Senior Health Economist should have strong
technical expertise in Health Economics and Outcomes Research
(HEOR). He/She should be able to develop an HEOR strategic plan and
independently conduct HEOR research projects including economic
modeling, real world data research and patient-reported outcomes
research. This individual should be able to independently manage
outside vendors and/or work collaboratively with internal data
scientists from the Technical Institute to conduct HEOR to support
one or more disease areas or molecules, and present results at
internal meetings or external conferences. He/She should be able to
engage with external customers and therapeutic area experts.
Masters +/- PharmD, Doctoral Degree
4+ years of industry experience
- Ensuring assigned goals and objectives are met and that
assigned projects and other work are completed on time, to high
standards and within budget.
- Able to appropriately select and manage vendors and resources,
including submission of information for contracting and other
internal processes and making sure projects are completed within
timeline and allocated budget.
- Develop, build and maintain internal and external collaborative
relationships. Able to work collaboratively internally with data
scientists, medical, commercial and field colleagues. Individual
must be able to engage collaboratively with customers, therapeutic
area experts and HEOR experts.
- Able to own their own professional development and identify
opportunities to develop leadership and technical skills.
Demonstrated ability to keep abreast of new methods and
advancements in the field of HEOR and Health Services
- Comply with all company policies and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop an HEOR strategic plan and
associated tactics under minimal supervision.
- Able to independently execute HEOR projects with no
- At project conceptualization, individual is able to identify
opportunities for pull through the evidence generated through HEOR
projects into publications and other promotional or reactive
materials. Individual should be able to present and discuss HEOR
project methods and findings to a diverse audience.
- Able to develop therapeutic area knowledge and expertise and be
able to identify experts in the HEOR area for specific disease
- Able to participate in cross-functional initiatives to
- Enforces high performance standards and takes appropriate and
direct action when they are not met.
- Develops an iterative and collaborative approach to obtain
insights into complex issues and responds to change when
- Facilitates and engages in healthy debate and constructive
resolutions to conflict or differing view points.
- Accurately assesses team member capabilities and adjusts
responsibilities and/or provide support to optimize team
- Checks-in regularly with stakeholders to understand their
needs, perspectives etc. and strengthen relationships.
- Understands the organizational culture; uses norms and language
that produce the best response.
- Draws ideas from seemingly unrelated situations or experiences
and adapts them to the situation at hand
- Exercises good judgement in decision-making based on expertise
and advice seeking in the face of ambiguous circumstances.
Keywords: Genentech, South San Francisco , Health Economist/Senior Health Economist, Neuroscience, Other , South San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!