Sr. Staff Scientist, Bioinformatics
Requisition ID: 132132BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving
science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is
to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences
research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient
diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their
laboratories, we are here to support them.
US- South San Francisco, CA
Genetic Sciences Division
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for a motivated Bioinformatics Scientist to
support microbial applications using real time PCR and sequencing.
The scientist will analyze microbial genomes, including bacteria,
fungal, virus and protozoan and propose strategies for assay
development and analysis.
What will you do?
Support gene expression products from conception to the final
Work with a development team consisting of lab scientists,
product managers, and program managers
Present data and results to the team and to management.
- Support and answer questions on existing products from field
How will you get here?
MS/PhD in bioinformatics, microbiology or related discipline
with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Experience leading projects from concept to product launch
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Familiar with sequence data sources , e.g. NCBI
- Experience analyzing experimental and sequence data
- Microbiology background is highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to script in Perl or Python
- Able to able to run jobs in a cluster environment , e.g.
- Able to query a database using SQL
- Excellent communication skills and good presentation
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an
unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing
convenience and pharmaceutical services through our
industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied
Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and
Patheon. For more information, please visit