Senior Scientific Researcher, Oncology Biomarker Development
Location: South San Francisco
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We seek a highly motivated Senior Scientific Researcher to
contribute to Genentech's ground-breaking reverse translation
efforts. The candidate will join a new team of researchers on
Genentech's vibrant research campus in South San Francisco, with
the goal of identifying and validating novel mechanisms of response
and resistance in support of Genentech/Roche's early and late-stage
- Cancer Immunotherapy (CIT): Qualified candidate will
participate in the discovery and investigation of novel drug
targets in the therapeutic area of tumor inflammation and
immunology. Using state of the art techniques and technologies,
he/she will be involved in the purification of immune cells for
in-vitro cell culture, T cell functional assays including in vitro
stimulation, multi-color flow cytometry, and investigation of new
molecular pathways using cellular and molecular techniques to
investigate receptor/ligand interactions for potential therapeutic
utility. Direct experience with animal models of immune response
and/or anti-tumor immunity is preferred.
- Responsible for translational research to enable the
development of biomarkers and assays for use in the clinical
development of our candidate medicines.
- Experimental strategies will include the application of state
of the art molecular and genomic technologies to analyze clinical
- Specific responsibilities will include processing and analyzing
clinical trial samples, data analysis, and presentation, and
contributing to experimental design and planning.
- Successful candidates will have a BS, MS degree, and at least 6
years of hands-on laboratory research experience.
- You will have an intimate knowledge of, and extensive hands-on
experience with, relevant molecular (e.g. PCR, DNA manipulation)
and cell biology techniques (e.g. primary and derivative cell
culture and transfection).
- Preferred candidates will have experience in oncology,
development of biomarker assays, and their implementation in
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills and the
ability to work with scientists and associates from multiple
laboratories, disciplines and departments.
- A proven track record, including authorship of and / or
contributions to, publications in top tier journals is
This is a local hire only designated position, as relocation
assistance is not available for the position
Keywords: Genentech, South San Francisco , Senior Scientific Researcher, Oncology Biomarker Development, Other , South San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!