Sr Site Specialist - Chemical Management
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Location: South San Francisco
Posted on: May 3, 2021
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
South San Francisco, CA
Instrument and Enterprise Services Division
How will you make an impact?
Independently performs, verifies, and provides feedback on
complex and varied services (registration, delivery, pick-up, and
tracking of hazardous materials) for a varied client base.
What will you do?
- Reviewing, creating, and maintaining of company data log
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices,
SOPs & work instructions. Take direction from Site
Supervisor/Manager regarding daily duties
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential
- Pickup of hazardous waste
- Assisting in registration of chemicals into a chemical database
- Delivery of chemical packages within a laboratory
- Sustaining and maintaining of chemical stockroom inventory
- Ordering of stockroom supplies
- Providing customer support to clients
- Performing Area Audits of cross-functional areas within
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the
interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at
the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining
a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use handheld scanners and
learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office
suite of software.
- Have demonstrated initiative in previous work experience.
- Expanded tactical thinking that considers the impact on the
- Show concern for well-being & success of others.
- Must possess a high level of communication skills to provide
guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present
information and respond to questions or customer service requests
and interact with various levels of the customer's
- Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action and
preventive customer service.
- Must be organized and detail oriented to be able to prioritize
own and other's work and meet business productivity metrics.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills
in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues
- Listen to customer concerns, effectively diffuse
dissatisfaction, and quickly identify course of action with first
call resolution within established turnaround times
- Attend required training sessions
- Participate in projects and perform all other duties as
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred;
experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Adapt to flexible and changing schedule in short notice
- Ability to self-manage and operate independently
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power
- Display high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate sense of urgency
- Strong time management and organizational skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., South San Francisco , Sr Site Specialist - Chemical Management, Other , South San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!