Senior Network Administrator
Location: South San Francisco
Posted on: May 31, 2021
The Sr. Network Engineer is a senior networking professional
that designs, implements, analyzes, troubleshoots and maintains all
WAN/LAN/WLAN/SDWAN devices, network management systems, VPN
devices, remote access devices, firewalls, access control lists and
utilization reporting systems. You will contribute to the overall
engineering, build, and high level support of all existing and new
How you'll contribute:
- The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for a LAN/WAN
to support enterprise growth
- Design and implementation of enterprise wide voice, video and
data network solutions. This includes the strategic planning,
design, acquisition, installation/implementation, maintenance and
support for local and wide area network equipment.
- Leads network planning, architecture design, and engineering
for the department. Integrates and schematically depicts network
architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission,
signaling links and protocols into complete network
- Supports department staff in the analysis, solution, and
documentation of network issues and problems.
- Works with management to develop, communicate, implement, and
maintain network design policies, standards, procedures, and
- Serves as Network Engineering lead on multifunctional project
teams within IT and across lines of business.
- Manage endpoint protection and e-mail security and troubleshoot
and resolve issues or security incidents
- Maintain and enforce security across all IT systems and
applications from core to edge
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of experience
- In-depth, advanced understanding of various network hardware
platforms, network related protocols and software including
understanding of OSI layer 2 and 3 protocols at a complex level and
related technical standards critical to the operation of
- Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite and routing
protocols such as BGP, OSPF, RIP.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on large, highly
available computer networks supporting critical applications.
- Extensive knowledge of networking standards, technologies and
- Configuration and deployment of security hardware and
- Knowledgeable of Cisco and Fortinet equipment and its proper
deployment in the enterprise.
- Experience with packet trace/sniffer analysis.
- Experience with network
- application performance analysis.
- Experience with configuration, design and deployment of
- Familiarity with VOIP and Quality of Service.
- Experience with the design and implementation of WAN
technologies and related security standards including MPLS L3VPN,
and other applicable VPN technologies.
- Experience creating standards, and network documentation as
well as processes and procedures in support of large enterprise
networks. Experience designing, configuring and implementing remote
access technologies and servers.
- Preferred- Prior experience with cloud networking ( Azure,
Google Cloud Platform)
Other critical skills
- Exceptional communication, collaboration and customer service
- Team focused with a positive attitude and high attention to
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
with competing priorities
- Must be flexible with time to manage multiple projects/frequent
- Self-motivated and proactive, able to work effectively with
- Good understanding of organizational business processes
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and respond quickly to
- Able to document and articulate complex technical solutions to
management and other non-technical staff
- Able to occasionally to work weekends and after hours for IT
Freenome is on a mission to empower everyone with the tools they
need to detect, treat, and ultimately prevent cancer.
We have pioneered the most comprehensive multiomics platform for
early cancer detection through a routine blood draw. By combining
deep expertise in molecular biology with advanced computational
biology and machine learning techniques to recognize
disease-associated patterns among billions of circulating,
cell-free biomarkers, we are developing simple and accurate blood
tests for early cancer detection and integrating the actionable
insights into health systems to operationalize a machine learning
feedback loop between care and science.
Our recent $270 Million Series C brings our financing to over
$500 million from investors, including; Bain Capital, Perceptive
Advisors, RA Capital, Polaris Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, funds
and accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., GV
(formerly Google Ventures), Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente
Ventures, American Cancer Society's BrightEdge Ventures, Data
Collective Venture Capital, Novartis and Verily Life Sciences.
Freenome is building technology to advance the understanding of
cancer through multiple analytes derived from blood. These signals
include cell-free DNA, methylation of cell-free DNA, cell-free RNA,
circulating proteins, and immune profiling derived from thousands
of prospective samples. By developing novel statistical learning
methods and applying them to integrate various -omics datasets,
Freenome is a leader in modeling specific biological mechanisms to
capture disease-dependent signatures, including gene expression,
immune response, tumor burden, the tissue of origin, and 3D
By building comprehensive discovery datasets and modeling
critical biological systems, Freenome is learning what biological
changes are present within the blood between a variety of different
disease states, including cancer, autoimmune disorders, infections,
drug response, and aging. The synthesis of Freenome's datasets,
cross-functional technical expertise, and audacious mission to
discover biological truth, we seek to improve the lives of millions
through early detection and early treatment of disease.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded,
empathetic, and passionate. We build teams around divergent
expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain
opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most
talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance
healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
We value empathy, integrity, and trust in one another, and we
respect the diverse perspectives of our colleagues and those we
serve. We assume positive intent and give each other the benefit of
the doubt with the firm belief that we are a team working toward
the same objectives. We believe in empowering and supporting each
other in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
What does a successful person look like at Freenome?
Those who thrive at Freenome prioritize, manage, and execute
their own goals with ownership and alignment with those of the
company. They embrace our values of empathy, integrity, striving
for greatness, servant leadership, trust, and holding themselves
and their team accountable to these values. They crave
collaboration with brilliant minds from disparate fields of study
and believe that hiring and mentorship are fundamental to our
success. Above all, they welcome and provide constructive feedback
and criticism, trusting in others' good intentions, and being
secure in knowing that embracing mistakes is the best way to learn
and grow. For those who pursue challenges, understudied problems,
and want the opportunity to see their work impact the lives of
millions of people affected by cancer every year, there's no better
place to be than Freenome.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we
value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national
origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate
Keywords: Freenome, South San Francisco , Senior Network Administrator, Other , South San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!