Beckman Coulter Diagnostics, an operating company of Danaher
Corporation, is recruiting a Senior Staff Consultant, Enterprise
Solutions. This is a field-based role which can be located anywhere
in the U.S.
As a Senior Staff Consultant, you will be a key leader
responsible for assessing the opportunity for cost savings and
efficiency opportunities across a lab network and its value stream.
You are as comfortable at the VP level and above using the right
tools to enhance value stream business change.
Wondering what's within Beckman Coulter? Take a closer look.
Join a team where you can be heard, be supported, and always be
yourself. At Beckman Coulter, a Danaher company, we're building a
culture that celebrates backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives
of all our associates.
Our work helps improve millions of lives. We hope you'll see
yourself here, too!
At Beckman Coulter, we are invested in your success! If you are
interested in driving meaningful change within an organization and
enjoy partnering with a customer to achieve better business
results, then this may be the next great career opportunity for
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Working alongside the Performance Partnership (PP) Principal
Consultant and PP analyst to assess gaps in customers' current
operations and make recommendations to the PP Principal
- Diagnosing workflow impediments and providing expert counsel on
appropriate advanced strategies employing Danaher Business Systems
(DBS) Tools to eliminate waste.
- Collecting current state data points to identify efficiencies
in the lab and areas of opportunity, along with the development of
professional "report out" material to present to the customer
Defining linkages between strategic objectives and process
improvements, using both analytical tools and consulting
- Helping customers re-engineer new or existing operations to
create continuous improvement and cost saving strategies. And
working with PP Principal Consultant to create a roadmap for
deployment of strategy through tactical planning and
- Collaborating in the development of Beckman's new internal DBS
assessment tool and front-end offering
- Being a major contributor to executive VIP presentations with
executive clients, alongside the PP Principal Consultant and Health
Sales Executive (HSE) Sales Manager.
- Leading development of customer Statement of Work (SOW)
documents with the PP Principal Consultant.
- Attending meetings with the PP Principal Consultant and
hospital executives. Advising business groups by providing
strategic direction to initiative prioritization, frameworks,
integration, and resource application. Providing support in
developing functional and technical specifications.
- Providing direction and transition of contracts and
relationships to the Enterprise Delivery team (post-sale).
- Building strong relationships with existing clients and new
- Identifying product development initiatives to meet future
- Assisting with mentoring and development of new Performance
Partnership Consultants on the Delivery Team and Regional
- Bachelor's degree in field with 14+ years exp. OR Master's
degree in field with 12+ years exp. OR Doctoral degree in field
with 9+ years exp.
- Background in diagnostic lab operations; understanding test
names, lab departments (Blood Bank, Micro, Core lab, Pathology,
- Experience consulting across large complex business systems and
value streams regarding improvement plans focused on cost reduction
and cost avoidance Key Performance Indicators at the C-Suite
- Strong business insight with knowledge of hospital finance and
ability to analyze client commercial capabilities, identify root
cause and growth tool opportunities.
- Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and
situations from a stake holders' point of view.
- Willingness to travel 60% with the potential for future
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience
- MBA and consultancy experience or, a Bachelor's Degree in
Operations Management, Health Care Management, Business or
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or evidence of pathway to Lean Six
Sigma Black Belt (i.e.. courses in progress).
- Background in project management.
- Laboratory redesign experience.
- Experience using performance improvement and workflow analytic
- 10 or more years proven track record in continuous improvement
within a commercial/sales or consulting role.
- Ability to work with functions in the implementation of the DBS
roadmap, implement key growth initiatives and cost saving projects
for the lab; successfully leads change, handles conflict /
Beckman Coulter, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of
comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to
associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care
program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond
At Beckman Coulter, we're driven by a sense of wonder for what
we can create-and what we can become. Here, you'll accelerate your
career while driving innovation that improves lives. You'll work
hard and try new things, with guidance from committed leaders,
powerful DBS tools Danaher Business System, and the support of a
global organization. As part of the Danaher family of 67,000
associates across the globe, your possibilities for growth and
development are unparalleled.
We believe that creativity and innovation thrive when the most
diverse set of voices are heard, and that's why we're taking
concrete steps to ensure that we're fostering an inclusive and
engaging workplace for our team. If you'd like to learn more, read
stories from our associates on our Careers Blog or contact one of
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal
opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital
status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is
the Law" poster is available here.