The laboratory technician prepares and weighs samples for
testing and analysis. May setup and conduct tests, assays, and
other protocols under the direction of a laboratory services
manager, researcher, or scientist. Follow Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs). Ensure all
laboratory equipment and work areas are clean, sterile, and in
proper working order. May be responsible for calibration of
instruments and also involved in media prep.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of
- Stores chemicals properly, disposes of chemical waste, adheres
to safety procedures, and participates in safety programs.
- Manages inventory, maintains, processes, and orders laboratory
supplies including glassware, and chemicals for
- Updates temptale logbook.
- Maintains files, tracks orders, and processes shipping
- Tracks and documents chemical usage and inventory.
- Glass wash and restocking, chemical repacking, cylinder
delivery and pickup, managing dry ice and liquid nitrogen
dispensing, and waste disposal.
- Label samples and set up trays for studies.
- Inventory and label reference standards.
- Inspect laboratory safety stations.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and
- High school diploma or GED required; associate's degree
- 1-2 years experience in a laboratory setting and understanding
of laboratory equipment
- Spill containment training, IATA, DOT, IMDG and OSHA Right to
Know a plus
- Valid Driver's License and transportation
- Previous experience working in a GMP facility a plus
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the
- Conform to all customer requirements for background checks,
health and safety issues, security clearances and medical
- Requires knowledge in using various instruments to prepare for
and perform tests
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills; display a professional
- Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and
- Ability to understand and follow site protocols, policies and
- Must be flexible, forward- thinking, motivated, and have the
ability to act independently
- Valid Driver's License
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs minimum
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office with
proficiency in Word and Excel
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of VWR's products and services
- Problem-solving skills
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under
The work environment characteristics and physical effort
described here are representative of those an associate encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Typically works in an laboratory or production environment with
adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature
and noise level
Associates use both hands for repetitive actions such as
grasping and manipulating as well as both feet for repetitive
movement operating foots controls. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus
The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of
the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for
associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height,
reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull.
Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull
up to 25 pounds with or without assistance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do
not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at
TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of
your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Supplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned
on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by
failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit
any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms
and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and
will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based
on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation