Senior Financial Analyst
Location: South San Francisco
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a
trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help
families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique
blend of services including foster family support, residential
care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to
adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and
community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of
respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most
importantly, our people.
Under general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the
Sr. Financial Analyst drives the annual budget and quarterly
forecast processes providing support to our agency's divisions
through analytics and modeling. This position participates in
cross-functional work streams and collaborates with business
partners to manage and forecast operating costs, revenues, and
allocations. This is a high-profile position ensuring planning
cycles are efficient and accurate, systems and tools are supported,
and operational and strategic decision-making is well
Your Skills and Duties
- Conduct monthly financial analysis outlining the cause of
change versus budget, forecast, and prior year, to provide
insightful and actionable information for our agency.
- Develop, monitor, and forecast key performance indicators,
highlighting trends, and analyzing causes of unexpected
- Identify and highlight financial risks and opportunities for
- Develop and prepare monthly presentations for top executives
and board of directors.
- Drive the development of annual operating plans and quarterly
financial forecasts working across the organization with divisional
leaders and their teams.
- Become proficient in all business processes and systems that
support the creation of the financial statements.
- Develop expertise in planning tools, providing support in
configuration, development, and training of users, ensuring all
data uploads or transfers are accurate and timely.
- Serve as a trusted financial partner to assist in ad-hoc
analysis to support business decisions.
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies in areas of
financial planning, financial analysis, and production of reporting
- Instill financial responsibility through education and
partnership with cross-functional teams and department and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or
other analytical field.
- 5+ years of hands-on finance/accounting and business analysis
- Strong analytical orientation, with proven ability to build
financial models and perform quantitative analysis.
- Ability to distill, articulate complex data in a clear way that
can drive business decisions.
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Financial Planning and Budgeting software
applications including report development.
- Comfortable with all levels of management and able to
communicate and present effectively to senior and executive
- Demonstrated abilities to prioritize and manage multiple
assignments in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines in an
efficient, detailed, and accurate manner.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, discretion, confidentiality and
good judgment in handling sensitive and confidential matters and
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth
by Community Care Licensing for a licensed Community Care Facility;
i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health
Physical, valid California Driver's License and clean driving
record (Motor Vehicle Report) if required to drive for this
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Flexible Time Off
- 13 paid holidays along with 14 vacation and 14 sick days
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- A 100% fully employer paid (premium) medical and dental benefit
- TelaDoc employer paid telehealth program
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical and dependent care plans
- 403(b) and 401(a) retirement plan with employer
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
- Accident, critical illness, and hospital gap plan
Training and Advancement
- Ongoing training & development opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
Employee assistance program
- Free confidential crisis line 24/7 (365 days a year)
- Six (6) face-to-face or telephonic sessions per issue
- Commuter program and mileage reimbursement
- Employee recognition and discount programs
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope
forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Keywords: Aspiranet, South San Francisco , Senior Financial Analyst, Other , South San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!