Medical Director (MD)
Company: Harpoon Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: South San Francisco
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Harpoon Therapeutics (ticker: HARP) is a clinical-stage
immunotherapy company developing a novel class of T cell engagers
that harness the power of the body's immune system to treat
patients suffering from cancer and other diseases. T cell engagers
are engineered proteins that direct a patient's own T cells to kill
target cells that express specific proteins, or antigens, carried
by the target cells. Using its proprietary Tri-specific T cell
Activating Construct (TriTAC) platform, Harpoon is developing a
pipeline of novel TriTACs initially focused on the treatment of
solid tumors and hematologic malignancies. HPN424 targets PSMA and
is in a Phase 1/2a trial for metastatic castration-resistant
prostate cancer. HPN536 targets mesothelin and is in a Phase 1/2a
trial for cancers expressing mesothelin, initially focused on
ovarian and pancreatic cancers, and mesothelioma. HPN217 targets
BCMA and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for relapsed, refractory multiple
myeloma. HPN328 targets DLL3 and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for
cancers expressing DLL3, initially focused on small cell lung
cancer and other tumors with high-grade neuroendocrine features.
Harpoon is led by an experienced management team. The company
emphasizes a collegial, collaborative environment and has a strong
record of scientific innovation, pioneering protein engineering,
expertise in tumor immunology and pre-clinical and clinical
research. For additional information about Harpoon Therapeutics,
please visit www.harpoontx.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the
clinical team to oversee one or more early phase clinical trials
and contribute to the successful development of Harpoon's novel T
- This position reports to the CMO. Responsible for the design
and execution of clinical trials, and for clinical documents to
support INDs. Develop and maintain strong working relationships
with external stakeholders including principal investigators and
key opinion leaders. The Medical Director will work closely with
the clinical operations, regulatory, biostatistics, and
translational medicine functions and with CROs.
- Responsible for design and execution of clinical trial
- Be the Medical lead on drug development project teams.
- Medical input on pharmacovigilance activities.
- Work with project team leader and clinical sub-teams on
formulating and executing clinical product strategy.
- Analyze clinical and safety data and present clinical results
in presentation and report form.
- Contribute meaningfully to strategic discussions regarding drug
development strategy with attention to relevant endpoints,
regulatory paths and commercial landscape for multiple oncology
- Represent the company to Key Opinion Leaders, Principal
investigators, and Regulatory Agencies.
- May manage consultants initially. Manage others as the role /
Skills and Qualifications
- MD required; oncology training preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in pharmaceutical clinical
development Phase 1 - Phase 3; immuno-oncology preferred, or
academic experience with clinical trials.
- Must be willing and able to be hands on: Go to clinical sites
as needed with clinical operations / CROs. Interact with cross
functional internal teams, KOLs, investigator personnel and others.
Represent the company and present data at meetings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strong
organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with
Keywords: Harpoon Therapeutics, Inc., South San Francisco , Medical Director (MD), Other , South San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!