Scientist II, qPCR Development
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Location: South San Francisco
Posted on: June 7, 2021
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
South San Francisco, CA | Genetic Science Division qPCR
How will you make an impact?
We are seeking a strong candidate to work within a
multidisciplinary team of engineers and molecular biologists. The
responsibilities will include working on projects related to
real-time qPCR platforms that lead to new applications and
What will you do?
- The projects include applications for existing as well as new
- Duties will include, but not limited to, running experiments on
various qPCR and sample preparation platforms, designing assays and
experiments, collecting, analyzing, and presenting results.
- This individual will be working closely with molecular
biologists and system engineers and is desired to have background
knowledge of the related fields.
- Independently design and perform qPCR experiments to screen
variables and optimize workflows
- Write detailed SOPs, analyze data, and generate reports
- Troubleshoot instrument and workflow failures
How will you get here?
- B.S degree with 5+ years of relevant working experience
- M.S. degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, bioengineering,
bioinformatics or other related fields with 3-5 years of working
experience in biotechnology industry
- An independent individual with qPCR assay design and
development experience for qPCR systems
- Bio Bioinformatics expertise combined with molecular biology or
- Proficient with JMP, R or similar tools for statistical
analysis and visualization
- Experience with a variety of laboratory instrumentation for
qPCR, sample preparation, and automation
- Demonstrate good laboratory practices and accurate/precise
- Possess good written and oral communication skills, as well as
the ability to prepare and communicate technical information to a
wide range of audiences
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proficient with developing and optimizing qPCR workflows
- Experienced in qPCR assay development and instrumentation
- Experienced with current molecular biology techniques for qPCR
and nucleic acid purification/ preparation
- Additionally, it is essential for this individual to have
strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated and demonstrate adaptability to work in a fast-paced
- Resourceful and flexible with strong troubleshooting
- Maintains a detailed and organized lab notebook
- Embraces diversity of culture and thought
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000
extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., South San Francisco , Scientist II, qPCR Development, Other , South San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!