Product Engineer, Semiconductor Chips
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Location: South San Francisco
Posted on: June 7, 2021
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
South San Francisco, CA | Clinical Next Generation Sequencing
How will you make an impact?
What will you do?
- The role will include new product development of bio-sensor
products for the Next Gen Sequencing (NGS) market space. Ion
Torrent from Thermo Fisher delivers semiconductor products and
solutions which enable DNA sequencing, to aid in many of today's
- Typical product engineering tasks such as the development of
new products and unique in this role will be an opportunity to work
with cross functional teams to build a solution which includes,
semiconductor chips, the commercial tools they interact with, and
gain an understanding of the chemistry/biology which these products
work in - and the effect this can have on healthcare, with you as a
product engineer driving the learning.
- Typical product engineering job duties include project
planning, development of DFT, DFM, wafer test, package test, subcon
setup, and chip packaging / assembly. The candidate will bring up
and verify first silicon, complete characterization and
qualification of the NGS product chips - working with the cross
functional departments within the company. The candidate will also
develop algorithms for both characterization and production test of
How will you get here?
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Computer
Science or related field
- PhD 0-3 years, MS 3+ years, BS 6+ years of experience
- Experience preferably in CMOS semiconductor products
- Ability and focus to work on projects from start to completion
for multi-month to 1-2 year projects, with sometimes multiple
projects in parallel.
- Strong problem-solving, experimental, and data analysis
- Experience in Python, Linux, MS Office, Statistical Software
(JMP or RS1)
- Works well with others, especially in multidisciplinary
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present
experimental design and results to others in a clear, concise, and
- Strong self-motivation with an independent, self-starter
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- A curious mind with the ability to work a problem through to
- Product engineering experience bringing CMOS Image Sensor,
memory or other semiconductor sensor chips from design concept to
- Knowledge of CMOS product covering areas of design, DFT, DFM,
process, assembly, failure analysis and project planning.
- Experience in electrical characterization leading to physical
failure analysis with ability to guide external teams on most
appropriate technique to use for FA.
- Hands on experience in lab with IC test, silicon debug and
- Proficient in Python, working knowledge of commercial ATE,
- Experience creating test plans for wafer and package test, and
knowledge of chip assembly.
- Ability to work with customers to implement root cause
corrective actions to the development or manufacturing
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000
extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., South San Francisco , Product Engineer, Semiconductor Chips, Other , South San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!