Research Associate II, Protein Expression, Protein Sciences
Company: CytomX Therapeutics
Location: South San Francisco
Posted on: June 7, 2021
About CytomX Therapeutics:
CytomX Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to changing the treatment
of cancer with our novel Probody therapeutic platform. Our
commitment to transforming lives with safer, more effective
therapies is driven by our curiosity and passion for innovation and
our belief that by acting with integrity in an honest, respectful,
ethical manner, we have the power to change lives. Our workplace
embodies collaboration, open communication, celebrating our
successes, and holding each other to the highest possible
standards. CytomX has a broad pipeline, including 4 clinical-stage
programs and others in development and is located in South San
Francisco, California, the birthplace of biotechnology. Learn more
Location: South San Francisco, California
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Senior Research
Associate, Protein Sciences
We seek a highly motivated individual to participate in the
expression and purification of protein reagents to support all
discovery and development programs at CytomX. The successful
candidate will work as a Research Associate II in the Protein
- Conduct QC testing of DNAs that goes into transfection.
- Support the protein production by small -and large -scale
transient transfection of CHO and 293 cells.
- Develop strategies to improve the protein expression process
for Probodies, various bispecific molecules and cytokines.
- Support the purification of Probodies and various bispecific
- Participate in molecular cloning and CHO stable cell line
- Develop analytical methods to characterize proteins.
- Support the developability assessment of lead therapeutic
- Manage the shipment of DNA and protein samples to CROs.
- BS in Biochemistry or related discipline with 4+ years of
experience in the biotechnology or MS in Biochemistry with 1 year
of experience in the biotechnology or biopharma industry
- Knowledge of aseptic techniques to handle cells are
- Expertise in cell culture process is highly desired.
- Should be well versed in molecular cloning, DNA sequencing and
- Should be well versed in various transient transfection process
of CHO and 293 cells.
- Knowledge of stable cell line generation is required.
- Experience in antibody and other protein purification
techniques is required.
- Experience in automated protein purification using Tecan liquid
handlers is required.
- Expertise in protein characterization assays such as
concentration, endotoxin measurement, SDS-PAGE and SEC-HPLC is
- Molecular modeling experience to support developability
assessment is desired.
- Ability to support multiple projects independently is
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are
- Demonstrate a commitment to CytomX values of Integrity,
Commitment, Creativity, Teamwork, Accountability and Fun
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity
- Team-player comfortable in fast-moving, dynamic
- Intellectually curious, enthusiastic, creative
- Adaptable and resilient with a problem-solving orientation
- Innovative and flexible
CytomX is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions
are based on merit and business needs. CytomX will not discriminate
against any job applicant because of race, color, national origin,
ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed,
physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition,
pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: CytomX Therapeutics, South San Francisco , Research Associate II, Protein Expression, Protein Sciences, Other , South San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!