As a Lab Manager you will play a critical role in helping our
laboratory in South SF run smoothly. You'll work in a highly
dynamic R&D environment with a group of talented scientists,
computational biologists, tinkerers, and builders. It will be your
responsibility to ensure that the team has everything they need to
succeed, from equipment to specimens, to reagents and
- Responsible for laboratory equipment. Keeping track of
inventory and maintenance, scheduling service when necessary.
- Maintains and tracks laboratory supply inventory. Working with
other groups within the company to procure materials to keep the
lab running. Checks stock to determine inventory level;
anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for
supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Working with vendors to ensure orders arrive on time and as
- Schedules and organizes lab meetings.
- Other duties as necessary, including sample management, biobank
organization, database maintenance/upkeep, etc.
- Works with building facilities and maintenance to ensure the
laboratory is in good upkeep and any repairs/renovations are
performed in a timely manner.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning
employees; following up on work results.
- Be an "owner" of the lab and ensure the people in it have what
they need to excel at their jobs.
- Obtain quotes and submit purchase requisitions.
- Provides administrative support for members of the lab.
- Create a team environment and act as a leader for the
- BS/BA degree in Biological Sciences, related field, or
- A minimum of 3+ years of industry-related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Key skills: Integrity: you do what you say you will
- Organized: You know where things are and the order in which
things need to be done.
- Parallel Processor: You are a master of juggling many tasks at
the same time.
- Independent: You take responsibility and ownership of
- Resourceful: You find a way. If there isn't a manual for how to
do something you write one.
- Passion for science/labs: The bulk of your time will be spent
in the lab, it's important you like that environment.
- Desire for efficiency: You're constantly trying to improve
processes and make them easier and more efficient no matter how
small the task.
- Attention to detail: You care about the little details that
make the difference.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- This position requires the ability to perform repetitive
motions during pipetting and samples processing in a laboratory
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard,
communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours
(evenings and weekends) at times.
Travel required for this position:
No __ or Yes X : If yes state anticipated percent for travel:
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of
genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify
and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing
diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular
technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been
proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space
and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid
biopsy space for developing products with oncology
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians,
geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business
professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from
world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each
other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly.
Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched
and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is
changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive
medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible
employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and
their immediate families receive free testing in addition to
fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby
bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We
also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are
committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace
environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds,
experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration
benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is
critical to our mission of changing the management of disease
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be
considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally
protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless
of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.