Principal Scientific Researcher OMNI Biomarker Development (Neuroscience)
Company: Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
Location: South San Francisco
Posted on: June 8, 2021
- Identify, develop, and qualify fit-for-purpose fluid biomarker
assays for neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's
- Evaluate biomarker assays in preclinical models, and optimize
translatable assays for implementation in clinical trials.
- Collaborate with scientists and scientific researchers on
cross-functional and inter-departmental teams to support the
development and application of clinical biomarker strategies.
- BSc. or MSc with >5 years of experience in biotechnology or
academic research environments.
- Highly motivated, proactive, collaborative, creative, flexible,
and scientifically curious.
- Ability to independently design, execute, and troubleshoot
experiments. Attention to detail.
- Extensive experience in the development and qualification of
immunoassays on a variety of platforms (e.g. ELISA, Simoa, Gyros,
MSD, Singulex, Elecsys).
- Experience working with human samples and clinical biomarkers
assays is desirable. Familiarity with blood and CSF biomarkers of
Alzheimer's Disease is a plus.
- An understanding of the drug development process and previous
experience with regulatory documentation such as INDs and CTAs is
desired but not required
- Strong technical skills in the laboratory, with demonstrated
excellence across a spectrum of laboratory techniques such as cell
culture, cytometry, SDS-PAGE/immunoblotting, and qPCR.
- Experience with mass spectrometry is desirable but not
- Capacity and desire to monitor new technologies, evaluate novel
biomarker assay platforms, and learn new methodologies quickly and
- Ability to independently analyze, interpret, organize, and
- Experience and comfort with large datasets and basic
statistics. Familiar with MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, Tibco Spotfire,
Graphpad Prism, and R.
Keywords: Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, South San Francisco , Principal Scientific Researcher OMNI Biomarker Development (Neuroscience), Other , South San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!