Sr. Staff Algorithm Developer
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Location: South San Francisco
Posted on: June 8, 2021
How will you make an impact?
You will develop algorithms for molecular diagnostics based on
capillary electrophoresis and real-time PCR technologies and be a
part of the fast-growing field of personalized medicine. You will
interact with and learn from a talented team of software and
hardware designers revolutionizing healthcare through low-cost and
high throughput diagnostic systems.
What will you do?
- Algorithm development - development of signal processing, image
analysis, optimization and machine learning algorithms
- Data analysis & experimental design - work closely with
molecular biologists and engineers to improve instrument
performance, analyze experimental data.
- Develop software for data mining large datasets.
- Develop algorithms for diagnostic assays, such as for cancer
and infectious diseases.
- Collaborate and communication with other teams and business
How will you get here?
Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering,
Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Computer
Science or comparable from an accredited higher learning
institution. Applicants with Master's degree and experience in the
areas below will be considered.
- 10+ year experience in algorithm design, development, and
- 10+ years of software development experience in a product
development setting would be great.
- Working experience in biotechnology industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong programming skills in Python, Matlab, Java, or C++
- Excellent knowledge of statistics for data analysis.
- Deep understanding of numerical methods and optimization.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to present data
analysis results to non-experts.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior team members.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., South San Francisco , Sr. Staff Algorithm Developer, Other , South San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!