Manager/Senior Manager, Product Public Relations (Oncology)
Location: South San Francisco
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The employee will contribute to a dynamic team developing new
approaches to communication that improve engagement with
stakeholders and meet business needs of the organization. This
candidate will have the opportunity to help shape communications
strategy and launch plans for our cancer immunotherapy franchise.
They should demonstrate an ability to take smart risks, solve
problems, influence peers and senior leadership and deliver
The employee will serve as a media spokesperson for the company
and assigned medicines, and will frequently interact with and
advise senior management, as well as partner with numerous
functional partners within Corporate Relations (e.g. Internal
Communications, Digital Communications) and other parts of the
company (Commercial, Clinical Development, Government Affairs,
Legal, Regulatory, etc.).
- -Develop strategies and implement the overall external
communications plans for our cancer immunotherapy franchise;
including launch planning for new medicines and indications
- -Engage media (traditional and social), patients, providers and
other audiences around milestones; acting as company
- -Maintain thorough scientific knowledge of Genentech's marketed
and pipeline cancer medicines and approach to disease.
- -Have an understanding of important topics including clinical
trial design, drug development, regulatory decision making and
- -Effectively manage high-profile product issues and
- -Collaborate with Roche's Global Product Strategy,
International Communications and Global Media Relations teams in
Basel to ensure aligned global product messaging and approach to
- -Be a strategic counselor and go-to person for high-level
communications strategy with management and product teams.
- -Manage Public Relations agencies working in support of our
medicines. Be accountable for associated budgets and
- -Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of Public Relations
programs to position Genentech's products in competitive
environments and demonstrate results to product functional teams,
Qualifications - External
Strong analytical skills and business sense with ability to work
independently and manage time effectively. Outstanding oral,
written and presentation skills with experience influencing
internal and external stakeholders, including engaging with media.
Strategic and creative approach to communications and program
development. Bright, hardworking and enthusiastic contributor to
team and company culture.
Candidates should preferably have an understanding of
healthcare, the oncology space, and / or the biotechnology/pharma
business model, including regulatory process, managed care/payer
environment and patient access. Broad communications experience
with expertise in product communications, launch preparation and
issues management is required. Relevant experience at a PR agency
or in-house at another company is preferred.
Success at this position requires:
- -Ability to interact successfully and influence peers and
- -Ability to work without close supervision or direction, while
maintaining team approach
- -Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills
- -Superior relationship-management skills
- -Outstanding media relations strategy and skills
- -Proficiency in both long-term strategic planning and impromptu
Candidates with the 6+ years relevant experience will be
Keywords: Genentech, South San Francisco , Manager/Senior Manager, Product Public Relations (Oncology), Other , South San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!