We are hiring for a Scientist to join our Translational Science
group. As the Translational Product Life-cycle Lead Scientist on
the team, you will be responsible for developing and evolving the
translational product strategy and lifecycle management of
commercially ready cell therapy products. The ideal candidate will
bring a broad understanding of translational science and clinical
study design. The exceptional candidate would additionally have a
working knowledge of key immunology, oncology, and cell therapy
development concepts and can demonstrate their ability to build
upon the success by designing novel translational experiments to
propel better outcomes for patients. The Product Life-cycle
Scientist is someone who is interested in applying these
capabilities to have a direct impact on Atara's commercially ready
cell therapy products and the patients we serve.
Reports to Sr. Scientist of Translational Research
Location Thousand Oaks, CA; San Francisco, CA (remote optional)
- Must be willing to work west coast hours
Travel Travel may be required (up to 20%).
- Evaluate and prioritize current gaps in knowledge regarding
product clinical impact and/or mechanism of action.
- Manage external collaborations with academic partners to design
and execute pointed clinical studies.
- Manage Review and approve budgets for internal and external
- Review and design clinical and/or preclinical studies to answer
- Critically analyze translational data generated.
- Represent Translational Sciences as the lead for product
- Remain current with job knowledge by reading relevant
publications and attending scientific conferences and
- Prepare presentations for group meetings and actively present
in group and project meetings.
- PhD in Immunology, Molecular Biology or related field; Master's
degree in relevant field plus 4 years of industry experience
- Relevant professional experience, ideally in biotech or related
- Expertise in translational science, clinical study design, and
preclinical lab work
- Familiar with basic concepts of oncology, immunology, or
neurology fields highly desired
- Familiarity with standard immunological assays
- Strong communicator who effectively adjusts to technical and
- Demonstrated ability for technical proficiency, scientific
creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills
- Significant contributions and productivity in translational
research as evidenced by publications in high impact journals and
presentations at industry/scientific conferences.
- Motivated, proactive, accountable and a fast learner
More about Atara Bio
We launched Atara Biotherapeutics in August 2012 to help
patients with serious diseases and few therapeutic options. We are
considered a leading off-the-shelf T-cell immunotherapy company
(Nasdaq ATRA) developing novel treatments for patients with cancer,
autoimmune and viral diseases.
We're proud of our team of 425+ Atarians co-located by design in
4 different locations including South San Francisco (corporate
headquarters), Thousand Oaks (R&D and manufacturing
headquarters), Zug, Switzerland (european headquarters) and a
R&D site in the Denver, Colorado area. Our Southern California
hub is anchored by a new 90,000 sq. ft., state-of-the-art Atara
T-Cell Operations and Manufacturing (ATOM) facility. Our mission -
"Transform the lives of patients with serious medical conditions
through pioneering science, teamwork, and a commitment to
Our vision - "T-Cell Immunotherapy for every patient, any
Atara offers a competitive benefits packages that includes
medical/dental/vision benefits, life and disability, retirement and
stock program, as well as a generous paid time off and wellness
plan that supports the well-being of our staff. Visit
www.atarabio.com/careers to learn more.
Atara Bio is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions on the basis of merit and other lawful factors. In
accordance with applicable law, the Company prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to
pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity, expression or dysphoria,
marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran
status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, transgender status or
any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws
or because of the individual's association with a member of a
protected group or connection to an organization or group related
to a protected group.We comply with all applicable national, state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work
for Atara Bio in the United States.