Molecular Biology Scientist II
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: South San Francisco
Posted on: July 14, 2021
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving
science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is
to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences
research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient
diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their
laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location/Division Specific Information:
- South San Francisco, Ca.
- Genetic Testing Solutions
How will you make an impact?
A multi-skilled lab scientist to join a growing team in our Genetic
Testing Solutions group who will work as part of a dynamic team of
R&D, Laboratory Management, and Quality Assurance professionals
to ensure procurement, receipt, handling, and organization of
internal and external samples designated for clinical product
development. They will work closely with project teams executing on
EUA and IVD product submissions.
What will you do?
- Responsible for the management of patient specimens and other
samples including ordering, receiving, organizing, distributing and
- Samples will include potentially infectious materials to he
handled in a BSL-2 with appropriate PPE.
- Order samples through vendors in partnership with the Sourcing,
Merchandising, and Design teams.
- Manage internal tracking for real time status of samples, from
delivery across projects and through final archiving.
- Perform quality testing on reagents, analyzing and recording
results in database according to established procedures. Prepare
other reagents as necessary.
- Monthly inventory and organization of sample freezers,
including archiving dated samples and processing samples for
- Support sample management system maintenance and quality
- Responsible for proficiency in all related department SOP’s,
with general knowledge of the receiving processes.
- Maintain up to date training records on all procedures and
protocols applicable to work duties.
- Adhere to all departmental SOPs, policies, safety procedures
- May be required to perform other related duties as required
How will you get here?
- A degree in a Biological Sciences discipline or a related field
with 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Experience and comfort handling clinical specimens such as
human bodily fluids and tissues.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
across several teams and sites
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience with sample management software would be an
- Working knowledge of and experience with GLP and ISO13485
laboratory standards would be an asset
- Must be flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced
- Prior experience working in bio-repository/ a bio- specimen
management role is preferred.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an
unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing
convenience and pharmaceutical services through our
industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied
Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and
Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, South San Francisco , Molecular Biology Scientist II, Other , South San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!