Scientist I - Chemistry
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: South San Francisco
Posted on: July 14, 2021
you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do
important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer,
protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your
work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
South San Francisco, CA and Pleasanton, CA
Genetic Sciences Division
How will you make an impact?
Our Organic and Oligo Chemistry team designs and synthesizes
reagents for our Genetic Sciences Division. You will help
synthesizing oligonucleotides for R&D projects that are
involved in new product development.
What will you do?
- Work in the laboratory on synthesis of oligonucleotides on
benchtop DNA synthesizer
- Carry out purification and analysis of oligonucleotides with
HPLC and LC-MS
- Formulation and quantitation of oligonucleotides
- Write reports and present data in group/team meetings
- Interact with scientists from other R&D groups
How will you get here?
- B.A. or B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or
related field with 0-2 years of experience in R&D and/or
process development research required
- Hands-on experience with operation of HPLC, UV-VIS spectrometer
and other lab equipment
- Hands-on experience with operation of DNA synthesizer is a plus
but not required
- Experience in synthesis, purification and analysis of oligos is
a plus but not required
- Experience in writing standard operating procedures (SOPs)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Knowledge of MS Word and Power Point
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, South San Francisco , Scientist I - Chemistry, Other , South San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!