Scientist II, Lab Document and Instrument Management
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: South San Francisco
Posted on: July 14, 2021
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving
science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is
to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences
research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient
diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their
laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location/Division Specific Information:
- South San Francisco, CA
- Genetic Sciences Division
How will you make an impact?
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join?the
Clinical?Infrastructure and Laboratory operations?team as Scientist
II?at our?South San Francisco?site.??This position offers a
multi-skilled lab scientist an opportunity to join a growing team
in our Genetic Testing Solutions group, specifically a dynamic team
of R&D, Laboratory Management, and Quality Assurance
professionals. The candidate will work with the team mainly to
create laboratory documents and assist in managing the use of
equipment, materials, and lab space, plus equipment maintenance and
calibration. This individual may occasionally conduct pre-designed
scientific or engineering experiments using laboratory equipment
and calculations. In addition, the incumbent would assist?in other
duties required by the team, as needed.?
The?successful candidate will help to ensure that the
Genetic Testing Solutions operations run smoothly and
follows?safety, regulatory, and compliances standards.??
What will you do?
- Creating new or optimizing existing laboratory
procedures and test methods. Assisting in creating supporting
documents, including protocols and reports in compliance with
- ??????Creating and managing laboratory Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure that all laboratory
procedures and comprehensive documentation are conducted per
- Performing training of lab users to the standard
- Managing all laboratory equipment and ensuring
maintenance and calibration complies with ISO and other regulatory
standards. This includes assisting in managing equipment
installation, IQ/OQ/PQ, and lab records.
- With the assistance of the supervisor, ensuring that
all operations are compliant with ISO13485 and other regulatory
- Advise supervisor of factors that may affect quality,
accuracy, timeliness and usefulness of lab equipment.
- Running tests and experiments in the laboratory;
including processing human specimens to extract nucleic acids
samples and running qPCR reaction plates on AB qPCR systems.
- Major responsibilities are understanding and executing
procedures, accurately recording data, and assisting in data
How will you get here?
- A degree in a Biological Sciences discipline and 3-5
years relevant experience.
- Experience working in a lab environment under good
- Technical writing experience, including creation of
project documents and process SOPs.
- Understanding of ISO13485 laboratory regulations.
- Familiarity with qPCR techniques and nucleic acid
- Attention to detail and good organization skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be flexible and comfortable working in a
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an
unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing
convenience and pharmaceutical services through our
industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied
Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and
Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, South San Francisco , Scientist II, Lab Document and Instrument Management, Other , South San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!