Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving
science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is
to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences
research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient
diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their
laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location/Division Specific Information:
• South San Francisco, CA.
• Genetic Sciences Division
How will you make an impact?
The Genetic Testing Solutions group is dedicated to the development
of molecular tests to improve global health outcomes. This role
will be responsible for directing a team to develop and
commercialize products for both research and clinical applications
in a variety of disease areas on Thermo Fisher genetic analysis
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated leader to work in a
fast-paced environment The ideal candidate will be passionate
leader with a focus on teamwork, quality, and meeting customer
needs. The successful candidate will incorporate IVD and molecular
biology experience to develop robust and innovative diagnostics
that make an impact on world health.
What will you do?
• Create a culture to drive innovation across the workflow,
particularly in the area of sample-to-answer analysis.
• Build and lead a team developing molecular assays for research
and diagnostic use across a wide variety of different disease areas
and analysis platforms.
• Grow knowledge and expertise in key disease applications.
• Ensure projects meet timelines, identify and remove roadblocks to
• Manage relationships and alignment with internal and external
• Provide assessment of competitive technologies and help evaluate
strategic partnership opportunities.
• Actively participate as a member of cross-functional product
• Drive continuous process improvement.
How will you get here?
• PhD in Molecular Biology / Genetics / Biochemistry /
Bioengineering with minimum 10 yrs of proven experience.
• Team management and team leadership experience.
• Demonstrated ability to operate under tight timelines.
• Strong technical expertise in qPCR assay design and
• Experience in clinical product development preferred.
• Demonstrates passion for problem solving and outside-the-box
• Strong communication and presentation skills are essential
• Must be highly collaborative; enjoys working in a diverse team
and contributes to a positive work environment
• Self-motivated, independent, proactive, organized, diligent, and
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an
unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing
convenience and pharmaceutical services through our
industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied
Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and
Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected